Grilled Chicken Pasta with Feta
Posted on 12 August 2014
- 1 bag Astorino Maccheroncini Calabresi
- 1 pound chicken breasts, grilled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 oz. Feta cheese
- Salt, pepper
- Fresh basil, parsley, and rosemary
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Boil water for pasta.
3. Grill chicken, brushing with a mixture of 3 T. Olive Oil and 1 T. Balsamic Vinegar to keep moist and add flavor during cooking time, approximately 5-7 minutes each side.
4. Meanwhile, chop the spinach and slice the cherry tomatoes.
5. After the water boils, add the pasta and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Sauté garlic in ¼ cup Olive Oil for about 30 seconds. Add remaining Olive Oil, 3 T. Balsamic Vinegar and fresh herbs to the Olive Oil and garlic sauté. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
7. Add the spinach to the pasta pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your taste. Drain the pasta and spinach, but do not rinse.
8. Return to the pot and combine with the Olive Oil and Balsamic mixture, tomatoes, and grilled chicken.
9. Lightly toss the pasta with Feta cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed. Adjust the Olive Oil, Balsamic, and herbs to your liking and garnish with more fresh herbs, if desired.