Bourbon Joe and Slaw
Posted on 05 June 2017
Here is our Burley BBQ version of sloppy joes! They are certainly a favorite of our kiddos, and they were a bigger hit when we kicked it up a notch with the barbecue sauce!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups Burley Farm Sweet Bourbon Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 pretzel buns
- 1/2 cup of your favorite beer cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup + 1 T Migliarese Rosemary Infused Olive Oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan, brown the ground beef.
- Prepare the coleslaw. Whisk the mustard, apple cider vinegar, and Migliarese Rosemary Infused Olive Oil in a large bowl. Add the coleslaw mixture and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Allow the coleslaw to sit so the flavors incorporate.
- Once the beef is browned, reduce the heat to low. Add the Burley Farm Sweet Bourbon Sauce and water.
- Stir well to combine and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Build your sandwich. Spread the beer cheese on the top side of the pretzel bun. Next, pile a generous portion of the coleslaw on the bottom side of the bun. Top the coleslaw with beef. Add the top bun and devour!
- Serve with a flavorful Sauvignon Blanc like Veglio's Sauvignon Blanc.