Posted on 09 January 2017
A truly simple meal full of flavor and nutrients! The fresh flavors of butternut squash and Feta cheese blend well with the complementary flavors of Migliarese olives and sweet Veglio Moscato d'Asti. This dish is filling served alone or combined with your favorite pasta. Serve with a side salad, crusty bread, and a glass of your favorite red wine! We recommend Italo Cescon Pinot Noir.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 T Migliarese Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup Veglio Moscato d'Asti
- 4 ounces Migliarese Organic Pitted Split Olives
- 4 ounces Migliarese Black Olives
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Combine butternut squash, garlic and shallot on a baking sheet. Drizzle with Migliarese Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss to coat. Roast until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground chicken until no longer pink.
- Add one cup Veglio Moscato d'Asti and cook until reduced by half. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the olives, Feta cheese, and vegetables to the mixture. Combine well.
- Serve alone with a hearty salad and crusty bread or combine with your favorite pasta.