Italian Recipe - Chicken Saltimbocca with Porcini Cream
Posted on 20 April 2018
Not the traditional style of chicken saltimbocca, but our version is quick and easy for a weeknight meal while keeping that luxurious taste.
- 25 g Serfunghi Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 T Migliarese Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz prosciutto
- 2 lbs chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Garlic, salt, and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- White cheddar or Fontina cheese, shredded
- Re-hydrate the Serfunghi Dried Porcini Mushrooms by soaking in warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the prosciutto. In a large pan with 1 T of olive oil, quickly cook the prosciutto until slightly crispy. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and cook the chicken until lightly brown on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Place the chopped spinach on top of the chicken. Add wine and allow to simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Add garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, drain the mushrooms and squeeze the remaining water out of them. Roughly chop the mushrooms. In a small pot, heat the mushrooms and heavy cream until warm.
- Sprinkle the prosciutto and shredded cheese on top of the chicken and spinach. Then ladle the mushroom cream on top of the chicken. Serve with additional shredded cheese.
Some people prefer their chicken with white wine. If this is your preference, we recommend a slightly more acidic white, such as Terra Romana Chardonnay. But a nice medium-bodied red, such as Veglio Barbera d'Alba pairs nicely with this dish as well.