Italian Recipe - Prosciutto Wrapped Dates with Mulberry Sauce
Posted on 04 May 2017
If you love the sweet and salty flavor combination, then look no further for a quick anytime appetizer to share with others or indulge in on your own. Try it with a wine like Italo Cescon Riesling for a fresh and crisp flavor.
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 4 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup Migliarese Mulberry Jam
- 2 T orange juice
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into three strips lengthwise.
- Stuff each date with a slice of goat cheese.
- Wrap each stuffed date with a strip of prosciutto.
- In a bowl, combine the Migliarese Mulberry Jam with the orange juice. Mix well to thin the jam.
- Arrange the stuffed dates on a platter and drizzle with the jam sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce into a small bowl and serve alongside the dates, accompanied by fruit and assorted nuts.