Spiked Macaroni and Cheese
Posted on 09 January 2017
Macaroni and cheese...yes please! There is something so comforting about homemade macaroni and cheese. And we have spiked it up with a vodka sauce to create something a little bit different. Don't worry, since the alcohol is cooked out, you can still serve this dish to your entire family! Serve with a light red like Veglio Sinfonia for a true delight!
- 1 bag Astorino Maccheroncini
- 3 T Migliarese Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 lb extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb Havarti cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add the Astorino Maccheroncini and cook for about 13 minutes or until your desired taste.
- Meanwhile, add the Migliarese Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the flour and continue to cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in half of the milk and using a whisk, combine with the flour until smooth. Add the remaining milk and stir frequently until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the vodka into the cream and stir.
- Add the cheeses and stir until melted.
- Combine the pasta with the cheese mixture. Pour into a baking dish. Cover and bake until bubbly.